Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

It’s Friday in Kennett Square


Well, it’s Friday in Kennett and that means it ‘s my favorite day of week here in the magical kingdom called Pennsylvania.  What makes Friday so special?  Well, today is the day a street market comes to town. Vendors line up along the main street and sell their wares. Because Kennett is a cultural melting pot, the market has a wide mixture of things to tempt your wallet. 

Due to the high population of migrant workers, Kennett has some of the best Mexican Food I have ever had… and that’s coming from an Arizona girl.  My absolute favorite things to buy at the market are fresh tortilla chips and salsa verde, which I happen to be sampling while I type.  





















The Amish also come to town on Fridays, bringing fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers for your garden. My yard thanks our Amish neighbors! I had no idea what healthy plants looked like until I stepped foot in my first Amish greenhouse. Never will I shop for flowers at a chain store again.



So this is just your average day here in my little paradise. Now its time to put the salsa away before I eat the entire container.








No comments:

Post a Comment